36 free quilt blocks, one a week with a guide to Jane Austen's England and posts about the people in her life.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Austen in Animal Prints

Denise in Texas

Lurking around our Austen Family Album Flickr page has provided some weekly drama.


We can thank Denise in Texas for much of it. What will she think of next?


She has an animal print theme going here.


See the Flickr page of Denise in Texas here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/116214226@N06/

Now the suspense is to see what her plans for setting are.

You may think that Jane Austen in a leopard-skin pillbox hat
is an anachronism 

but they had fake animal prints in Jane Austen's England.

Above: Swatches from an English sample book,
 about 1775, in the collection of the 
American Textile History Museum

And read more about animal prints in a post I did several months ago:
http://historicallymodernquilts.blogspot.com/2013/07/modern-print-monday-elsie-de-wolfe.html

12 comments:

  1. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I look forward to reading many articles from you. It's really great and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got really good information from this content, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article. Couldn’t be write much better! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Either way keep up the excellent quality writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice information. I’ve bookmarked your site, and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account to get updates instantly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. its an amazing website, I really enjoy reading your articles.

    ReplyDelete

  8. I’d like to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, this was an extremely nice post.

    ReplyDelete

  10. I like what you guys are up also. Such clever work and reporting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing great information to us Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete